This handy how-to guide will get UndergroundVPN set up on your Linux Mint install using the PPTP protocol.
Step 1: Click on “Network Connection” and select “Network Settings“
Step 2: Click on “+“
Step 3: Click “Create“
Step 4: Select “Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)” and click “Create“
Step 5: Insert the following info:
- Insert “Connection name:” UndergroundVPN PPTP
- Insert desired server in “Gateway“
- Click here to get the server list.
- Insert Username provided by UndergroundVPN
- Insert Password provided by UndergroundVPN
- Click on “Advanced“
Step 6: Select the following options
- Use Point-to-Point encryption (MPPE)
- Allow BSD data compression
- Allow Deflate data compression
- Use TCP header compression
- Click “OK”
Step 7: Click on “Save“
Step 8: Click on “UndergroundVPN PPTP” connection and click on switch to “Turn ON” VPN.
Step 9: You are connected to VPN Successfully. Enjoy all of the benefits that come with VPN service such as privacy, security and region blocked content!
To disconnect VPN, click on “Network Connection Icon” and click on switch to “Turn OFF“