While setting up a VPN on a Mac sounds like a bit of a black art known only to the truly nerdy, its actually quite easy and with this handy guide for how to set up UndergroundVPN on OS X, we can walk you through it! This will allow you take advantage of UndergroundVPN’s service on OS X in just a couple of minutes. We promise, its not rocket science!
OS X EI Capitan is the twelfth major release of OS X which is now known as macOS. IKEv2 is a protocol that is used to build automatic secure connections. Well, here’s how you can configure UndergroundVPN on EI Capitan and above versions using IKEv2:
Step 1: Click on Apple Icon and select “System Preferences”
Step 2: Click on Network
Step 3: Click on + icon to create a new service
Step 4: Insert the following info:
- From Interface drop down menu select “VPN”
- From VPN Type drop down menu select IKEv2
- Insert desired Service Name as UndergroundVPN IKEv2, UndergroundVPN US IKEV2, UndergroundVPN DE IKEV2 etc to remind yourself what country you are connecting to.
- Click on Create
Step 5: Insert the following info:
- Insert desired server address in Server Address box. Click here to get the list of servers
- Under Remote ID: Insert undergroundvpn.net
- Leave Local ID: Empty
- Check “Show VPN status on Menu bar.”
- Click on “Authentication Settings.
Step 6: From Authentication Settings keep Username selected from drop down menu.
- Username: Insert Username provided by UndergroundVPN
- Password: Insert Password provided by UndergroundVPN
- Click on OK
Step 7: Click on Apply then click on VPN Status Icon from Menu bar
Step 8: Select “Show Time Connected”
Step 9: Click on Connect and VPN connection will establish in few seconds.
Step 10: You are connected to VPN Successfully. Enjoy all of the benefits that come with VPN service such as privacy, security and region blocked content!
Note: If you see Status Connecting… and Connect button turn to Disconnect that means VPN has been connected. Due to glitch Status doesn’t show connected. Simply click on your Lan / Wifi connection then click back on IKEv2 VPN connection and status will change.