While setting up a VPN on Windows 8 sounds like a bit of a black art known only to the truly nerdy, its actually quite easy and with this handy guide for how to set up UndergroundVPN on Windows 8, we can walk you through it! This will allow you take advantage of UndergroundVPN’s service on Windows 8 in just a couple of minutes. We promise, its not rocket science!
Step 1: Right click on “Lan / Wifi icon” from System tray and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”
Step 2: Click on “Set up a new connection or network”
Step 3: Select “Connect to workplace” and click “Next”
Step 4: Select “Use my Internet connection (VPN)”
Step 5: Insert the following info:
- Insert desired server address. Click here to get the server list
- Insert destination name as UndergoundVPN PPTP or UndergroundVPN US etc (What you name it really doesn’t matter as long as you know what is but its a good idea to name it something meaningful such as UndergroundVPN and the protocol or server country you are connecting to. For example, UndergroundVPN US PPTP).
- Select “Remember my credentials”
- Select “Allow other people to use this connection”
- Click “Create”
Step 6: Right click on “UndergroundVPN PPTP” (or whatever you named it) connection and select “View connection properties”
Note: If you are on Windows 8.1, then click on “Change Adapter Settings” from the “Network and Sharing Center”, right click on UndergroundVPN PPTP connection, select Properties
Step 7: Click on Security tab and select “Point to Point Tunneling protocol (PPTP)”, “Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPsec)”, “Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)”, or “IKEv2” (recommended) in the Type of VPN dropdown menu.
Step 8: Select desired encryption from “Data encryption” drop down menu (Required encryption recommended).
Step 9: Insert the following info:
- Click on “Networking” tab
- Uncheck “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” and “File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks” then
- Click “OK”
Step 10: Click on “Wifi / Lan icon” from System tray
Step 11: Click on UndergroundVPN PPTP connection and click “Connect”
Step 12: Insert your Username and Password provided by UndergroundVPN then Click “OK”
Step 13: The VPN connection will establish after verifying account details.
Step 14: You are connected Now
Step 15: To disconnect VPN, click on “Lan / Wifi icon” from System tray
Step 16: Click on VPN Connection and click “Disconnect”