While setting up a VPN on Windows 7 sounds like a bit of a black art known only to the truly nerdy, its actually quite easy and with this handy guide for how to set up UndergroundVPN on Windows 7, we can walk you through it! This will allow you take advantage of UndergroundVPN’s service on Windows 7 in just a couple of minutes. We promise, its not rocket science!
Step 1: Right click on “Lan / Wifi icon” from System tray and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”
Step 2: Click on “Set up a new connection or network”
Step 3: Select “Connect to workplace” and click “Next”
Step 4: Select “Use my Internet connection (VPN)”
Step 5: Insert the following info:
- Insert desired server address. Click here to get the server list
- Insert destination name as UndergoundVPN PPTP or UndergroundVPN US etc (What you name it really doesn’t matter as long as you know what is but its a good idea to name it something meaningful such as UndergroundVPN and the protocol or server country you are connecting to. For example, UndergroundVPN US PPTP).
- Select “Don’t connect now, just set it up so I can connect later”
- Select “Allow other people to use this connection”
- Click “Next”
Step 6: Insert username and password provided by UndergroundVPN, tick “Remember this password” and hit “Create”
Step 6: Right click on “UndergroundVPN PPTP” (or whatever you named it) connection and select “View connection properties”
Step 7: Click on “Close”
Step 8: Click on “Change adapter settings”
Step 9: Right click on the newly created VPN connection and click “Properties”
Step 10: Click on Security tab and select “Point to Point Tunneling protocol (PPTP)”, “Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPsec)”, “Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)”, or “IKEv2” (recommended) in the Type of VPN dropdown menu.
Step 11: Select desired encryption from “Data encryption” drop down menu (Required encryption recommended).
Step 12: Insert the following info:
- Click on “Networking” tab
- Uncheck “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” and “File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks” then
- Click “OK”
Step 10: Right click on VPN connection and click “Connect” or simply double click on VPN Connection
Step 11: Insert the following info:
- Tick “Save this username and password for the following users and select“Me only” or “Anyone who uses this computer”
- Insert password again provided by UndergroundVPN
- Click on “Connect”
Step 12: You are connected now.
Step 13: Select Network Type as Public
Step 14: Click on Close and enjoy UndergroundVPN’s benefits of privacy, security and region blocked content!