While setting up a VPN on Windows 10 sounds like a bit of a black art known only to the truly nerdy, its actually quite easy and with this handy guide for how to set up UndergroundVPN on Windows 10, we can walk you through it! This will allow you take advantage of UndergroundVPN’s service on Windows 10 in just a couple of minutes. We promise, its not rocket science!
Step 1: Right click on your Active Lan / WiFi icon and click on Network settings
Step 2: Click on VPN and then click on Add a VPN connection
Step 3: Insert the following info:
- Select Windows (built-in) from VPN Provider drop down menu
- Insert any desired Name as UndergroundVPN DE, US etc as Connection name (country initials are a good way to remind yourself which country the connection is to)
- Insert desired server address in Server name or address box. Click here to get the list of servers (Microsoft Excel file with servers listed by country)
- Select either “Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)”, “Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPsec)”, “Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)”, or “IKEv2” (recommended) from VPN type drop down menu
- Select “User name and password” from Type of sign-in info drop down menu
Step 4: Insert the following info:
- Insert your Username and Password provided by UndergroundVPN.
- Select “Remember my sign-in info and click on Save
Step 5: Click on newly created VPN Connection “UndergroundVPN DE” (or whatever you named the connection)
Step 6: Click on Connect
Step 7: VPN Will be Established in few seconds
Step 8: You are connected to VPN Successfully. Enjoy all of the benefits that come with VPN service such as privacy, security and region blocked content!
TIP: Due to the low latency needs of most video games, gaming while connected to a VPN is not recommended and will usually result in a non-optimal experience.